Thursday, June 14, 2007

Not Quite East Bound and Down




1994 Made-for-TV

Four of these "Bandit" TV movies were made, huh? Why? To bring the Bandit to a new generation of movie fans? That's often a truly idiotic idea and that's quite clear here.

What then can be said about the people who watch any of these movies? Uhh, I suppose in my case I watch what I can when I can. Without spending money on 50 pay movie channels or Blockbuster, and 'cause I don't watch any movie that's on with commercial interruptions, I'm limited. Also, I don't mind so much watching crap with this theory -- I'm saving most of the best for last while getting out of the way tons o' crap... like this movie.

And now back to wondering -- why? Why?! Brian Bloom as Bandit is no Burt Reynolds. And who plays Jerry Reed's character of Snowman? Bandit's best friend, a son of the Governor, is the trucker here? Uhh, yeah, whatever. And Bandit's vehicle of choice, a Dodge Stealth, is certainly no '77 Trans Am! Not even close. And Traci Lords? Can she really be taken seriously? And why am I still typing?

This movie is pure garbage. I probably should have given it less than 1½ stars. It wasn't just bad but at times it was even excruciatingly horrible with incompetent directing and was there acting in this? I think so, yeah, Brian Bloom can act but for the most part everyone in this was just lame. As for the other three movies in this series, I can only hope and pray I never have a chance to see them!

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated