Monday, June 4, 2007

Okily Dokily -> OUCH!!!

Very good run this evening but every now and then I feel like I'm not really making much progress when I only add on 10 or 12 or 15 seconds. Might have to step that up. We'll see. Right now I've gotta recover from this darn freakin' shin splint problem. As soon as my run time was done -- a run that went fine and nearly pain-free, all systems okily dokily) my shin felt like I was hit by a car driven through a crowd of people by a woman on crack. Holy cow, I was in so much pain. My half hour hike back off the trail wasn't actually a half hour but more like 40 minutes. Each step hurt. Hope I haven't terribly injured myself. This bites. But my run was good...

Trail Time: 77 minutes

Running Time:
19 minutes & 47 seconds
(+12 from last run)

music...

Old and In The Way
7/24/73 Homer's Warehouse
Palo Alto, California

Billy In The Low Ground, Going To The Races,
Catfish John, Good Woman's Love,
Lonesome Fiddle Blues, Eating Out Of Your Hand,
Lonesome L.A. Cowboy, Hobo Song,
Pig In A Pen, Panama Red,
Working On A Building, Hard Hearted
~
Oscar Peterson & Dizzy Gillespie
Mozambique,
Alone Together, Con Alma

Not the best sounding O&ITW show. Reason is it was broadcast on KZSU and dudes for the station talked between songs and even just a bit over the start of a couple. That's not super-distracting, though, and I really enjoyed listening to this. When it has been months and months and months since last listening to a band you really like, oh how sweet it is to press Play again! That's the feeling I had here. It's been quite awhile since I listened to any Old & In The Way so (including the Oscar & Dizzy) what a great hour plus of music I had! Definitely gonna try to get some more of these shows. I'm not a big fan of bluegrass but when it comes to Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, Vassar Clements, Peter Rowan and John Kahn, well, I'm one of the biggest fans in the world!
07/24/73 aka 7-24-73 aka 07-24-73 aka 73-07-24 almost Grateful Dead, not really download setlist
TINY STEAL YOUR FACE Download It Right Here TINY STEAL YOUR FACE

Old & In The Way - 7/24/73 Homer's Warehouse

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I JUST FOUND YOUR LITTLE CACHE HERE, AND THOUGH I STILL HAVE YET TO TASTE FRUITS OF THIS TREE I MUST SAY THAT I'M QUITE DELIGHTED BY YOUR EFFORTS! KEEP IT UP!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tunes-

lenny said...

This is a fantastic source for some very heady music.

Thank you for sharing this with us all!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated