Saturday, June 2, 2007

Blowing Barry

I'm fairly certain this is Tropical Storm Barry blowing through the South Carolina lowcountry this afternoon. To the local news down here I do not pay attention. Back in Fairbanks there isn't much to pay attention to but down here I just don't care. I don't live here, I'm just helping take care of my dad for awhile. Truly -- I despise this place. But what can ya do? I suppose I could turn my back on family... but that wouldn't be right.

So here I am, and here is Barry, he's blowing through with wind and rain all day long; it hasn't stopped since before I woke up around 8.

Today'll be a Zilch Day -- half for weather, half for injury. I could very easily throw on my Marmot Precip jacket and venture out for a hike. No big whoop. With the temperature around 70 I could just go out in shirt & shorts and get soaked. Again, no big whoop.

I was eager and willing and able to hit the trail for a short hike... but I think I'll give today an unwanted rest. It'll be good for the shin, I know. Not happy about a whole day inside (with the exception for going to the mailbox to get the mail) but eh, whatever...

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated