Saturday, September 6, 2008

Post Hanna Zep Run

Hurricane Hanna has come and gone and what a difference there is today compared to yesterday when she blew right on by.

The rain came in the afternoon and it didn't let up for just about ever... or, well, about a half a day or so. The South Carolina Lowcountry got just freakin' drenched.

And then my weird dog Cassidy, who non-weirdly enjoys sleeping on the lawn in the backyard when it's not too hot, he stayed out there in the light rain... and then he stayed out there when the rain started falling harder. I was gonna run in the light rain but it really started coming down just as I was ready for a carb intake and some water hydration. There'd have been too much mud on the trail for me but the rain on my dog, no big whoop. What a dork!

At some point around 8 p.m. I decided he oughta come inside and finally get out of the rain. Outside I went and and herded him in. I blocked his dawgie door, tried to dry him off with a towel but right after that all he wanted was to go back outside. I unblocked his personal door and he was right back out layin' on the grass again -- in the rain. Whatever. He was also mad at me so it was somewhat of a protest. A lengthy protest, too.

'Round 1 something in the morning (it had been raining steadily the entire time) I got out an umbrella and went outside to him, petted him a bit on his head and told him he should come inside. He was really happy I came out to him and inside we went. He came upstairs after me and had some water and a few bites of food. I sat down in the living room and expected he'd come over and I'd give him a few dog biscuits. Nope. He want back outside... back into the rain. He wasn't even mad at me anymore so I don't know why he preferred the rain. He's 13 and has never preferred the rain before. Never.

I woke up 'round 3 in the morning and the rain had stopped. I woke up again 'round 5 and my dog had come inside for a few minutes. Outside when it's raining and inside when it's not? Whatever.

Actually he's still outside, been outside all day and there's not been a drop of rain since the sun came up. Last night the lawn had an inch of water on it -- squish squish squish is all I remember as I walked out to him. Today there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the sun's been shinin' ... and it's been hot. Oi.

I really kind of wanted Hurricane Hanna Montana to come this way, I mean directly this way rather than just the outer bands dumping a few inches of rain. That was all somewhat of a bother but a hurricane would've drastically broken up the friggin' monotony of hot weather followed by another day of hot weather followed by another day of hot weather... etc. Yawn. Now we're lookin' at at least 90° for at least each of the next 3 days. Oh joy.

Anyway... boring stuff, I know. Bite me. At least the warmth and sunshine dried out the trail enough for me to run. Exercise in September has been too slow so far. Must pick up the pace!

Tie Dye Separator bar

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Saturday Evening Run: 22 minutes 51 sec
+ 4:47

5:50 p.m. -- 87-88° F
sunny but the sun was dipping below the trees...
still much too hot for my liking.

XXXXXXXXXXXX ·Aug? :: +39 sec· XXXXXXXXXXX
August: 2 hours 39 min
July:2 hours 11 min
June:1 hour 47 min
May:4 hrs 46 min

Perhaps I shouldn't have tried for such a long run today. I was worn out. I was prepared to split my time into two parts but I made it straight through. Not easy, though. Halfway through my time I had turned around and made my way back to my frozen Gatorade. No need for sitting but definitely sipping. I was just so spent.

But like usual I was out there for a little over an hour which was good... actually that exercise was GREAT. I needed it. I think I ran three days ago? That pace is not good and I really to pick it up. Some might say better than nothing, right? I kind of agree... no, I do agree... but still I expect more from myself.

Tie Dye Separator bar

PHONOGRAPHRunning Tunes came from
Friday's Album of the Day...

Led Zeppelin (debut album) (1969)
Good Times Bad Times
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Dazed And Confused
Your Time Is Gonna Come
Black Mountain Side
Communication Breakdown
I Can't Quit You Baby
How Many More Times
What's to be said about Led Zeppelin?! Well, I could say I've been a dumbass and I haven't listened to them in, oh, way too long.

Rolling Stone calls this one of like the Top 50 or something albums ever. Not that I really care anything at all about Rolling Stone but yeah, it's that good.

What I can never understand, though, is how this is called "heavy metal." Heavy metal is like, well, today, Metallica or Megadeath or any number of bands I would never listen to.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE 128 kbps dload @ MusicSharing4all 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 kbps mp3 download

"Dazed And Confused"
from: Dreamtime Live at The Lyceum
May 20, 1984

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated