Friday, September 19, 2008

Doors Run

Yada yada yada, life goes on. I got nothin' to type about. Politics? Bite me. Mets? They suck. College football tomorrow? Little girls playing a man's game.

Finally some beautiful weather in the Lowcountry of South Caro-freakin'-lina. Twas actually kinda cold this morning. Had the sliding door open and the low 60's temp outside filled most of the house. Sleeping under the comforter was needed unlike pretty much every single night since I got here. Around 80 was the high temperature today but gettin' down to the low 60's at night is just sweet. I'm not made for constantly needing air conditioning, definitely not made for temps over 90. Yuck. Sick. Pathetic. I'm not sure how anyone can stand it. Give me cold!!!

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Friday Evening Run: 20 minutes 22 seconds
+ :40

6:35 p.m. - 77° with the sun goin' down ... not so bad for running.
XXXXXXXXXXXX ·Sept :: +40 sec· XXXXXXXXXXX
September:1 hour 56 min
August:2 hours 39 min
July:2 hours 11 min
June:1 hour 47 min
May:4 hours 46 min

Just a fine run. Yup, that would sum it up. I'm happy to be back up to 20 minutes. Somehow I've gotta keep up 20 minute (or more) runs without dropping back down. Also gotta make sure I eclipse my Total Time for August. Not doing so would be BAD.


TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR

PHONOGRAPHAn album
for running on Friday...

The Doors - debut (1967)The Doors

[self-titled debut]

1967
Break On Through (To The Other Side)
Soul Kitchen
The Crystal Ship
Twentieth Century Fox
Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)
Light My Fire
Back Door Man
I Look At You
End Of The Night
Take It As It Comes
The End
Yet again another album that is on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list. Not only is it in the top 500, it's in the Top 50! Not that that really means anything but I suppose it's interesting. I mean isn't "great" technically completely subjective when it comes to art? In this case, I'd probably agree with them and methinks it does deserve to be ranked so high. There just isn't a bad or even a mediocre song on here. Well, that's what I think... and, of course, what I think is always right... of course... always.

Been way too long since I've listened to a Doors album and it's definitely time to explore their discography again. Unfortunately, other than their classic 2 CD Greatest Hits collection, there probably isn't an album as good as this one. Still plenty of great music!

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE a measley 128 kbps @ Então era Wilson 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 kbps mp3 download

"Moonlight Drive"
12-27-67 ~ Jonathan Winters Show

2 comments:

Nazz Nomad said...

Mets suck?
FIRST PLACE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoooma said...

Hey Nazz... 86 wins and a bullpen that makes you want to leave the room and not watch for fear you'll get so pissed off you'll wanna throw the TV through the window? Oi.

They look great sometimes and First Place has been so sweet... but other times, even while in 1st place, I've wondered how the hell they've been able to stay in 1st -- they often look like CRAP!!!!!!

But being a Mets fan -- Ya Gotta Believe! (It's just not always easy to.)

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated