Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Zoooma needa sleep! (But feels Great!)

Well, in less than 24 hours since my last post, the Mets won 2 games -- a night game last night and a day game today -- against the despised Phillies.

The whole first half of the season was just a pathetic drag... but now it's getting exciting. Finally. Baseball's hardly important to me but ya know, some people dig their American Idol, some people dig their Grey's Anatomy or Lost or what-have-you... maybe a little Jerry Springer?! Aside from great music and some good books, I dig a little baseball. And when your team's in 1st Place, hey, that's pretty sweet!!

National League
East W L Pct GB






New York Mets 55 47 .539 --






Philadelphia Phillies 54 48 .529 1.0






Florida Marlins 53 48 .525 1.5



Speaking of good music...
I've still got a couple Grateful Dead shows uploaded and ready for people to download so perhaps another show oughta go up here on Friday! Yeah... that sounds like a great idea... but no promises 'cause I've been up so late for a whole lotta days now and add in a run today and I'm soooo tired! But to anyone looking for a new show 'round here and reading this -- Stay Tuned!!!



The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Paraguay, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!92°, sunny, Heat Index: 96° @ just about 3:45 p.m.
Thursday Afternoon Run: 12 minutes 27 sec+ 2:11
XXXXXXXXXXXX ·June +38sec· XXXXXXXXXX
6 runs in July:total time about: 1 hour 43m
June:1 hour 47 minutes
May:4 hours 46 minutes

Warm. Been worse but still way warm. Okay -- hot. I was probably too tired for a run under the bright sun but I felt determined. Even if I couldn't finish the whole Pre-planned Run Time without stopping, I was determined to get it done with a walking break in the middle, if needed. If needed I was determined to get it done with a walking break and sitting down for 5 or 10 minutes with some ice-cold Gatorade -- and that's what I needed. Not easy because of the heat but at the same time, I finished up pretty much just fine. My right calf feels a little strained but eh, not too bad. With a day off, or two, I'll be good to go again.

Like a week or so ago, I had sort of set a goal for the next 30 days, I think. Now, whatever that goal was, I'm not so sure about it. This summertime heat of South Carolina is really kickin' my butt. But I'll keep tryin' to run every few days, keep tryin' to improve and get used to 90+ degrees. It's important to me that I not give up and keep pushing on with running. I wanna get to a place of even better health, to burn away excess fat, have better fitting clothes... and build better stamina!!!

Onward!

PHONOGRAPH

Running tunes...
Third Day - Come Together [CD cover] (2001)Third Day

Come Together

2001
Come Together
40 Days
Show Me Your Glory
Get On
My Heart
It's Alright
Still Listening
I Got You
I Don't Know
When The Rain Comes
Sing Praises
Nothing Compares


The more music I listen to, the more music I realize I've never ever Pressed Play on before! The same is true (yet again) here with Third Day. Once upon a time I spent some time listening to a Christian music radio station and I have heard a few songs from this band, but never a whole album before now.

Coming from Marietta, Georgia (outside of Atlanta,) this band has some great songs here. The southern influence seems to run through it but not overly so. Also not overly present is the calling on God or Jesus directly. I didn't read along with the lyrics (I almost never do with any music) but I know God is here all over the place. In this way of writing, though, the person who has nothing to do with Christianity in any form whatsoever could listen to this music and never once think this is Christian music. That seems to appeal more and more to me and part o' the reason why is it has more room to rock and to be different... not that praising God in every song is a bad thing... that just gets a little old after awhile so it's nice to have something in my ears that goes against the grain!

Check out a great review at Jesus freak Hideout

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE find a dload @ Música Cristã MP3 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 kbps mp3 download

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that you are still running despite the heat. You rock, Zoooma! Being healthier and building your stamina are important things! yl

Countertop said...

yeah

and some of us got suckered into Washington National's season tickets (I've seen a total of 4 games this pathetic season . . . ) but but but but . . . . I'm taking my son to the last Old Timer's Day at Yankee Stadium on August 2nd, and had the distinct pleasure to hang out with Bucky Dent for a significant part of yesterday afternoon (and will be accompanying him on a tour of the NRA HQ next time he's in DC).

Hey, and the Yankees have fought back and are only 3.5 behind the dreaded evil dishonest Boston Red Sux

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated