Saturday, July 26, 2008

Tired, Untitled Saturday Run

There's a Chinese proverb that says:

If I am dreaming let me never awake,
If I am awake let me never sleep.
Why do we need sleep? I mean when you spend the entire first four or five hours of the a.m. occupied with something so very enjoyable, doesn't it just make sense to stay awake and begin the new day? By that time the sun will soon begin lighting the sky -- so why do we need sleep!? It really kinda blows, I'm tellin' ya, especially when sleep just completely cuts into living! What a waste of time!!!!

If those Zzzzzz's weren't so important so that we are able to properly function, then this morning I wouldn't a-been like I am again now -- sooo freakin' tired!!! Ay caramba, I was half wiped out after I woke up well past 10 a.m. If I didn't drag myself outta bed so that I could start downloading some tunes, (probably very) easily I could have stayed asleep right up to (and maybe beyond) the noontime hour. Why didn't I just sleep longer? Got stuff to do! Got life to live!! But that damn sleep thing -- what an annoyance sometimes!!!


The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Paraguay, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!90°F, partly cloudy, sun comin' out @ 1:35 pm
Saturday Early Afternoon Run: 13 min 18 sec+ 43 sec
XXXXXXXXXXXX ·June :: -4 sec· XXXXXXXXXX
7 runs in July:approx: 1 hour 57 min
June:1 hour 47 min
May:4 hours 46 min

Oi. I'm so tired now, I don't know how I'm typing up this post. I had planned a Running Time just over 15 minutes... but that was when I thought of running earlier in the A.M., when the temperature would be lower and running would be easier.

The morning went on, Sugar Magnolia played in my ear... and the temperature outside rose steadily toward and (yet a-freakin'-gain) past 90. Oh joy. Knowing that while running the heat would yank so much of the energy out of me, and I didn't have a full supply of energy this morning to begin with(!), I had to re-adjust the Play List on my mp3 player to shave off some time. At 80 degrees with the sun not yet shining brightly overhead, 15 minutes -- and probably 20 minutes and probably even 30 minutes -- woulda been a (relatively not-so-difficult) piece of cake!!! But at 90 with lots of sun -- yeah right.

I had to split the run into two parts in order to achieve my goal for the day. I'm not entirely happy with that but I made it. A frozen bottle of Gatorade I had brought with me, so that helped. When I took a break, as I sat and sipped, I thought I might fall asleep... and then I probably woulda woken up covered in ants or something. Might not a-been a good thing, eh? Fortunately I was able to feel replenished enough to get to running once more to finish up.

At sunset it's still hot, not as hot but not much better. I've really gotta start doing this [getting out to run] at dawn so I can work on 20+ minutes!! With so many late, late nights, I'm just not sure how I can do that. I'd MUCH rather have the late nights so I'll keep it in mind to be satisfied with shorter running times when the weather's just so damn hot.

PHONOGRAPH
Running tunes...
Queens Of The Stone Age [CD cover] (2000)Queens of the Stone Age

Rated R

2000
Feel Good Hit Of The Summer
Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret
Leg Of Lamb
Auto Pilot
Better Living Through Chemistry
Monsters In The Parasol
Quick And To The Pointless
In The Fade
Feel Good Hit Of The Summer (Reprise)
Tension Head
Lightning Song
I Think I Lost My Headache


I've heard of this band before but I'd be willing to bet an arm or two that I've never before heard an entire song from Queens of the Stone Age.
Additionally, I'd be willing to bet, oh, a leg, maybe, that I could never recognize any music of theirs... none. I just have so little care for new music (meaning just about any new and popular band from the late 90's through the 2000's.)

Thanks to my addiction to using something
[music] that's new (to me) when I head out for a run, I Pressed Play on this odd album.

There are probably some really interesting lyrics here but what makes it odd for me is a few songs are really rockin' with searing guitar and complete with screaming... while other tunes are quite mellow, one even being an instrumental and one having a lot of Miles Davis-ish horn and a somewhat jazzy sound to it.

Overall I'm not super-impressed. This music doesn't really do much for me.
It served its purpose in helping me with my run so that's cool. Maybe someday I'll give another album of theirs a listen but I don't think I'll ever listen to this again.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE find a dload @ Walldill 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 kbps mp3 download

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Zoooma! Cool that you ran, despite the heat. I'm glad that you did not wake up covered with ants. That would have sucked...yl

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated