Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Flushing Away First

New York Mets - New York Daily News 7/23/08
What's that huge sucking sound
in Queens?

Same old crap it seems

as 1st Place was flushed away
in
Flushing last night.











National League
East W L Pct GB






Philadelphia Phillies 54 46 .540 --






New York Mets 53 47 .530 1.0

I guess it could be worse -- I could be a Washington Nationals fan... or a Seattle Mariners fan. 23 games out of 1st place? Whew. Thankfully, even when they look just downright pathetic like blowing the lead (and a sure win) by giving up 6 runs in the Top of the 9th Inning, the Mets usually have the ability to hang in there. They did win 10 in a row recently. Not sure if they can pull that off again but their nickname ain't The Amazin's for nothin'!

Tonight's game (in about an hour from now) against the hated Phillies will be on ESPN's Wednesday Night Baseball -
Nationally Televised. That's just sweet! It's practically playoff baseball in July!

While I dig the game, I don't normally sit and actually watch... but the Mets on TV when I'm no longer livin' in the NY-NJ area, oh yeah, I'll be watchin'! And again, it's a great thing I'm a Mets fan 'cause I mean how many times a year do the Texas Rangers or the Colorado Rockies get Nationally Televised? Suckers!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHATEVER!!!!

"or a Seattle Mariners fan."

I know you said that just for my benefit. Pff...
Silly you .. I'm a Mariner fan, therefore I'm immune to the sting of failure, soooo... taunt all ya want, lol
;-P

Paticus said...

Here's an encouraging article on the Mariners....
http://www.theonion.com/
content/node/83350

Nazz Nomad said...

that was a tough loss- i still don't know why they pulled santana after 8, but the ship was righted last nite.

it's gonna be a long strange trip this season!

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Zoooma! Cool that you get to watch, enjoy the games...YL

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated