Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Souris de matin

Doing that book meme a couple of days ago... wait, wait... I need to say hi to anyone and everyone checking in here. Hi.

Anyway... at the end of that book list meme dealie I remembered a cartoon that I've probably seen dozens of times but not in many, many years. When it comes to cartoons of the short subject variety -- 5 to 8 minutes or so vs. like The Simpsons -- I'll always completely, totally, absolutely prefer any Looney Tunes or Merry Melodies short from Warner Brothers. But growing up there was always Tom and Jerry, too. Today it might be to a lesser degree but I think I still like those... they're fun to watch! SO... to go a long with the occasional LT-MM cartoon, I thought maybe every now and then I'll check out some of these, as well...

Released: March 15, 1952
Directed by: William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
Won: Academy Award for Best Short Subject: Cartoon

"The Two Mouseketeers"




Sugarmag said...

I love you, Zoooma.


Zooomabooma said...

I love you, Sugarmag!

7 comments:

Sam said...

Thanks for the short reprieve from everyday life. I sat back and enjoyed seven and a half minutes of pure goodness.

Zoooma said...

Hey Now Sam!

Reprieve's a cool word here... we all need a reprieve now and then from the daily grind, sometimes, for some of us, the daily hell we endure.

I'm really glad that the Tom & Jerry I posted gave you a spot in your day to let everything else slip away, at least for a moment.

I should try to make this a more regular thing!

Thanks for the comment, my friend!

Zoooma said...

P.S. "Souris de matin" means Mice of the Morning or Morning Mice ... since I posted it early in the a.m.

Sugarmag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zoooma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sugarmag said...

The comment deleted above was I love you, Zoooma! I do love you and I am so happy that I can say so without fear.

Zoooma said...

I love you, Amy! You mean the world to me. You always will.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated