Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Souris de matin

Doing that book meme a couple of days ago... wait, wait... I need to say hi to anyone and everyone checking in here. Hi.

Anyway... at the end of that book list meme dealie I remembered a cartoon that I've probably seen dozens of times but not in many, many years. When it comes to cartoons of the short subject variety -- 5 to 8 minutes or so vs. like The Simpsons -- I'll always completely, totally, absolutely prefer any Looney Tunes or Merry Melodies short from Warner Brothers. But growing up there was always Tom and Jerry, too. Today it might be to a lesser degree but I think I still like those... they're fun to watch! SO... to go a long with the occasional LT-MM cartoon, I thought maybe every now and then I'll check out some of these, as well...

Released: March 15, 1952
Directed by: William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
Won: Academy Award for Best Short Subject: Cartoon

"The Two Mouseketeers"




Sugarmag said...

I love you, Zoooma.


Zooomabooma said...

I love you, Sugarmag!

7 comments:

Sam said...

Thanks for the short reprieve from everyday life. I sat back and enjoyed seven and a half minutes of pure goodness.

Zooomabooma said...

Hey Now Sam!

Reprieve's a cool word here... we all need a reprieve now and then from the daily grind, sometimes, for some of us, the daily hell we endure.

I'm really glad that the Tom & Jerry I posted gave you a spot in your day to let everything else slip away, at least for a moment.

I should try to make this a more regular thing!

Thanks for the comment, my friend!

Zooomabooma said...

P.S. "Souris de matin" means Mice of the Morning or Morning Mice ... since I posted it early in the a.m.

Sugarmag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zooomabooma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sugarmag said...

The comment deleted above was I love you, Zoooma! I do love you and I am so happy that I can say so without fear.

Zoooma!! said...

I love you, Amy! You mean the world to me. You always will.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated