Friday, July 11, 2008

Through The Hell... Some Tunes...

*** ORIGINAL ***

Today has been gloomy so far -- another sad, gloomy day. It hasn't been as bad as yesterday but that doesn't mean I'm close to being back to normal. Haaa! Yeah right! So often, and I may have typed this after my run last night, I'm shaking my head and wondering why this is happening. It's not right.

It all just doesn't seem real and it doesn't make sense. We must accept but sometimes we can't agree with a decision made by someone we love. It's so much more difficult and perplexing when that decision goes against so much that was said and against everything that was talked about concerning the future. In time, things were going to be okay... together.
They still can be! sunny smiley with shades.

~

Taking the new path is not throwing away the past. The past is still part of a person and hopefully a wonderful part! But when it's time for a change, and that person has taken steps towards that change including falling in love with someone who is so wonderful for them, someone they so very much want to be with, someone who makes them feel soooooooo good inside, why decide to turn 180 degrees around and go right back to the same old prison? When what's better is in the distance, why decide on going back to the past?

It's right to accept that decision...
but it doesn't mean it's the right decision.


I think the right decision is to not hurt the one who has the most to lose in the end, the very same person who has the most love to give.

Isn't it better to move forward with that person and hold on to them for dear life? If hurting that person isn't just hurting them but also destroying them and leaving them with nothing, why would someone do that? Why, especially after saying that's something you would never do?

small Grateful Dead Steal Your Face

Through all the wondering if any of this hell will ever change for the better, and through knowing this is also hurting my dear friend, I've got a list of things to accomplish in the next week. This is not easy but I ran last night so one down. (The list didn't say to keep running regularly... but if that technicality was reversed after the fact, I'd appreciate it and would look forward to putting forth the effort. Otherwise I just don't have the will.)

Post a -- I'm assuming a Dead or related -- show is also on that list. Unfortunately there is just no way I can possibly enjoy music yet... so this (below) doesn't count and posting a show is something I'll still have to work on.

I thought I'd try to post some tunes anyway, something that some people might enjoy listening to. I've heard this before and I wasn't sure but yup, I've still got it... so here's a show for the taking if anyone's interested....


TIE-DYE BAR SEPARATOR THINGY


Today has been gloomy.

small Grateful Dead Steal Your Face

But through the gloom I've got a list of things to accomplish in the next week. I ran last night so one down.

Post a -- I'm assuming a Dead or related -- show is also on that list. Unfortunately there is just no way I can possibly enjoy music yet... so this (below) doesn't count and posting a show is something I'll still have to work on.

I thought I'd try to post some tunes anyway, something that some people might enjoy listening to. I've heard this before and I wasn't sure but yup, I've still got it... so here's a show for the taking if anyone's interested....


TIE-DYE BAR SEPARATOR THINGY

Deadheads for Obama poster kinda banner dealie
Phil Lesh, Bob Weir,
Mickey Hart
& Friends

February 4, 2008
Warfield Theater
San Francisco
also on drums: John Molo
guitar, keyboards and vocals:
Jackie Greene
keyboards and vocals: Steve Molitz

1st Set: Playing in the Band*-» Brown-Eyed Women,
Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo
New Minglewood Blues
*, Come Together*

Acoustic Set: Deep Elem Blues, Friend Of The Devil, Deal, Ripple

Electric Set 2: China Cat Sunflower*-» The Wheel*
The Other One
*-» Sugaree*, Eyes Of The World*
Throwing Stones
* Iko Iko*-» Playin' Reprise*

Encore: U.S. Blues*%

* with Mark Karan on guitar
with Barry Sless on pedal steel guitar
% with Hippie Bill

Recorded by: Ian Stone
Source: Schoeps mk41> kc5> cmc6> lunatec v2> sound devices 722 @24/48
at taper's section, right of center.

Back in February I pulled this off of
the now temporarily defunct Sugarmegs.org.

Fortunately, for anyone who wants to hear the show,
I didn't delete it after I listened to it.

Unfortunately, the whole show is one long .wma file
...but it's still very listenable.


2/4/08 - Deadheads For Obama

No review from me.
Feel free to write your own in the comments.

Or not. Whatever.

Read a Pretty Good Review by Blair Jackson
and See More Pics at Dead.net



(click the image for a larger view)
Deadheads for Obama, Barack Obama, Dead Heads for Obama
2-04-08 a.k.a. 2-4-08 a.k.a. 2/04/08 a.k.a. 2/4/98 a.k.a. 08-02-04 320 kbps mp3 download & setlist
Deadheads for Obama Grateful Dead Steal Your Face

6 comments:

The Man said...

I'm sorry. To merely say "thanks for the tunes" seems kind of trite and meaningless, but to try to comment about someone else's pain seems... I don't know. I am having some serious issues in my life and marriage right now and the Dead shows are sure helping me. Thanks.

Zoooma said...

"thanks for the tunes" is fine, my friend.

I'm sorry you're going through things in your life, as well. I hope they turn out better than the personal hell that I'm being put through for no right reason at all.

For me the music just can't be enjoyed but hopefully the tunes help for you. In lieu of SBDs to download, check out Grateful Dead Listening Guide (linked on the left) for great reviews of great sounding Aud shows.

Best of luck.

mike-floyd said...

I absolutely agree with "the man". It's hard to comment on such dark issues... Everything then seems meaninglesss...

... nevertheless an attempt: I think all the dark ... it's just also part of life. Everybody has to experience dark frustrating episodes at some point in life and the big thing is: not to give up.
Remember:
One way or another – this darkness got to give...

Alll the best to you!
m-f

Countertop said...

Man, I guess I'll say thanks for the Tunes. Been off line for a couple of weeks - eer, almost a whole month between work and vacation and then a little fall off the roof and all, but the whole time was looking forward to some new tunes and then to be greeted by . . what? I don't know. Don't know the details, and don't want to pry, but I hope whatever challenges it is that you are facing you have the courage to take them straight on and work your way through the cold rain and snow until you reach the sunshine at the end because whatever it is will pass and things bright days always lay ahead.

In the meantime, feel free to drop me a note or an email or anything if you need someone to communicate with.

Nazz Nomad said...

Hey man, hope things are looking a little better. Of course the light at the end of the tunnel could be a train coming at ya!

But...
Metsie's are at 8 in a row!

Going to see Phil and Friends at Jones Beach tonite- wish u were here!

Zoooma said...

Heya mike-floyd -- thanks for your comment. Much appreciated! The darkness will give, one way or another. Obviously we'd like it to be sooner than later but we'll see.

I'm still gonna try to post some Grateful Dead shows, starting soon. Funny, at this moment I've got a wicked hankering for a nice, long Dark Star! I might have to dive into some psychedelic 60's soon!!

Countertop! long time no talk my 2nd Amendment supporting Deadhead brother. I've gotta get back to your blog one o' these days! Fall off the roof? Hope you're doing well, man. A few difficulties here but I'm survivin', ya know. Tougher days there were but now lookin for relief including gettin back to posting some shows soon.

Thanks for your words, I truly appreciate 'em, bro. I'll be in touch.

Yo Nazz -- what's up, man? Thanks again. And ya know, I'd rather not have a train comin' at me!! Gotta be around to see if the Mets can win the division!!! Holy crap... a month ago they were a joke.

A show at Jones Beach in July... that takes me back! Enjoy P&F, my friend!!

Thanks again, catchya later!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated