Friday, November 23, 2007

Rita Run

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh probably never went running on January 1st.  Why January 1st?  Just seems like a day that makes the most sense.  Maybe Christmas.

· Run Time -- 13 minutes 56 seconds (+0:23)

· back indoors

· Total Running Time for November -- 2 hours 4 min 28 sec
______________________October --- ______57 min 06 sec
____(starting Oct. 1)
· Weight Loss Goal -- 24 pounds (11 kg)
__________· So Far -- 9 lb... havin' a difficult time getting to 10.

This whole thing lately with above freezing temps during the day, below freezing at night -- it's really gotta stop. I mean seriously. People've gotta stop driving cars 'cause this damn global warming, I'm serious, it's gettin' on my nerves. 37 (F) during the day?! Melting half the snow, makin' life one holy mess... come on. Would have LOVED to have gone for a run on the trail in this temp... but slush is not good.

Not that it really woulda mattered anyway 'cause Geez, Louise, could my run tonight have been any more freakin' difficult?! Finally I woke up after sleepin' half the day... but I'm thinkin' I had such a hard time because I didn't get enough sleep after working that 24 hour shift. Not enough proper energy maybe? Somethin' just wasn't right. But mentally I felt I was ready to go. Got my butt over to the gym with just enough time to spare before they closed early for the Thanksgiving break... was really lookin' forward to gettin' that nearly 14 minutes of exercise. Stretched... Pressed Play... Started Running... and I made it all the way to my end cue... but twas not easy. I was simply practically dead at the end. Within a few minutes I had recovered just fine... but oi vay, ay caramba, Flander-dider-didly-o, life would be so much easier without this crap. I made it, though. Hopefully my next run will go a whole lot better.

3 reggae running tunes from this, my Album du Jour...


Rita Marley

Who Feels It Knows It

1980







A Jah Jah
That's The Way
Who Feels It Knows It
One Draw
Thank You Jah
Good Morning Jah
I'm Still Waiting
Play Play
Jah Jah Don't Want
Easy Sailing

After the death of her husband Bob, the soul of Marley reggae would not be silenced... Rita helped to carry it on. Here she makes her solo debut. Her sound is well-crafted; this is no amateur effort, not one bit. One Draw celebrates the ganja in fine Jamaican fashion and many tunes focus on the Oneness and the Greatness of Jah, or God, praising Him in a way any Christian would be happy to hear. All the while the ride is laid back yet alive at the same time with a playful and fun feeling.

Not great to run to because it didn't help give me a quicker pace that I wanted... but some really nice reggae and I'm lookin' forward to more Rita in the future.

128 kbps dload @ moot-soul

1 comment:

Deadman said...

Thanks for the upload of The Boss, man! I updated and gave you credit...

I love that song...

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated