Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Outta here...

I've got to head to the airport in a little while -- back to Alaska. My dad's heart surgery went just fine and he'll be out of the hospital this afternoon. My brother's taking the first shift, so to say, helping my dad with everything he'll need between now and when I return to South Carolina next week. He's got to get back to work while I have more flexibility to be the one who'll be here helping out the most. Plus at this point in time it's gonna be a really, really, really, really, really good thing to be back in the Lower 48. Really! ;)

Perhaps I'll be able to have a post from Alaska tomorrow sometime but that'll be it for around 5 days, I think. Since I don't have a laptop and I'll be sleeping in by [VW] bus each night -- no internet. Not that I'd have time anyway -- drive, sleep, drive, sleep, and so on. If I had it my way, i would tear this old building down! Wait, I meant, if I had it my way, I would take my time on the road and turn a 5 day lightning fast trip into a couple weeks. Oh well. Not this time. People of such great importance that I need to get back down here for!

The times they are a-changin...

Onward.

2 comments:

Paticus said...

Drive carefully, my friend.
And here's to a speedy recovery for your Dad.

Anonymous said...

Be careful, have fun... and enjoy that vw! ;-)

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated