Monday, March 15, 2010

Repulsive

This almost makes me embarrassed to be from New Jersey. Thankfully I'm from north Jersey where most people have class. This woman is from central Jersey where you're really getting into hickville.

I'm conflicted about this "person." I absolutely support her freedom to do this . . . but she has children. NJ Department of Children and Families should take her kids away because she cannot be the mother she potentially could be if she had any sense. She clearly doesn't.

While I support her freedom to be a whale, it almost makes me wish President Obama would make this illegal. Knock down a few walls to make a cell that will fit her and throw her blubber in jail, force her to get her weight down to something nearing respectable. If we're going to be a nation of obscenely big and wasteful government, why not make people get a license to be a parent? You need a license to cut hair . . . but what this woman is doing is okay?

NJ woman attempting to become world's fattest lady

By CLEMENTE LISI
Last Updated: 12:46 PM, March 15, 2010
Posted: 12:14 PM, March 15, 2010


Supersize me, please.

A New Jersey woman who already weighs a whopping 600 pounds is on a mission to double her girth in a bid to become the world's fattest woman.

Donna Simpson, 42, said she has her sights on reaching the 1,000-pound mark over the next two years.

"My favorite food is sushi, but unlike others I can sit and eat 70 big pieces of sushi in one go," she told London's Daily Mail in an interview published today. "I do love cakes and sweet things, doughnuts are my favorite."



Simpson insists she is healthy, even though she can't walk and has to move around with the help of a motorized scooter.

Simpson, who wears XXXXXXXL dresses, said she gobbles up lots of fast food like hamburgers and french fries. She also said she moves as little as possible each day in order to keep on the pounds.

To reach her goal, Simpson said she's been eating up to 12,000 calories a day -- although the average woman should only consume about 2,000.

To pay for her gigantic $750-a-week food bill, Simpson runs a Web site where men pay her to watch her eat.

"I love eating and people love watching me eat,' she told the British newspaper. "It makes people happy, and I'm not harming anyone."

Simpson already holds the Guinness World Record as the world's fattest mother, when she gave birth in 2007 to her daughter Jacqueline.

"I'd love to be 1,000 pounds," said Simpson. "It might be hard though. Running after my daughter keeps my weight down."

Simpson said her boyfriend Philippe, 49, has encouraged her to eat more -- even though he only weighs 150 pounds.

"I think he'd like it if I was bigger," she added. "He's a real belly man, and completely supports me."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nj_woman_attempting_to_become_world_pco3O4qPWiCg3yjEWaxx9N

Meanwhile...

• 1.02 billion people across the world are hungry

• Every day, almost 16,000 children die from hunger-related causes--one child every five seconds

• In essence, hunger is the most extreme form of poverty, where individuals or families cannot afford to meet their most basic need for food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw a this woman on the news this afternoon. I can't imagine why anybody would want to live like that. Can the World Record be that important?

I believe that if there was a mandatory minimum intelligence test to qualify for parenting, at least 60% of the people in the U.S. wouldn't be allowed to reproduce. Same with caring for a pet.

Lefty

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated