Saturday, September 12, 2009

#2 now #1, #23 always #1

Way to go Derek Jeter, passing Lou Gehrig for most hits by a NY Yankee. As a diehard NY Mets fan, I'm not supposed to cheer for anything Yankees... but it's Jeter, man, come on! Way to go #2!

And as a former diehard Chicago Bulls fan -- what a great speech by MJ on his induction into the Basketball Hall of Fame. Michael Jordan #23 also #1. (Lebron who?)

And right on Jim Wilson!!!! Good stuff, man!!

And like the Grateful Dead who carried on despite some serious problems with Jerry, Inspiration Move Me Brightly shall carry on.

The other day -- maybe about a week ago (sheesh, I have no freakin' idea where the days go!) -- I listened to some SICK tunes from Summer '88, from Maine. I listened to the Matrix mix of a show that had two or three songs in particular just abo-freakin'-lutely blow me away. If you know this show and have the SBD, you simply MUST download the Matrix and give it a whirl 'cause it's sweet!

So hang in there, yo. That's what I'm doin'. We're not done here. Plenty of music still to get to.

Ciao.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was at the 2 July 1988 show. Wild night. I had a blast. It helped we had a house nearby.

Anonymous said...

I'm a lifelong Yankee fan, but cheered for the Mets in '69 and '86. Well done, Derek & MJ!

It's nice to see a music blog with a mature political perspective--glad I found you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Zoooma. Glad to hear that you took some enjoyment from that 7/2/88 Oxford show. Glad that I could turn you onto something you might have missed. As long as you are in summer of 88 mode, 7/3/88 is no slouch either - very nice soaring birdsong to close the first set. You can hear the audience going nuts toward the end of birdsong - some dude in a powered parachute thing flew over the stadium - birdsong indeed. Torc

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated